There are no reasons to continue smoking, at least not logically. That’s ridiculous, you are only wasting your own life, and potentially ending it early.
People will always say, “I love to smoke!”
But that’s just a total lie.
They don’t like how they feel when they don’t smoke, so once they light up, they feel better.
It’s just totally absurd! Wake up people!
That’s an incorrect way of thinking. They have no idea how much better they’d feel if they didn’t smoke.
HERE ARE 10 REASONS TO QUIT SMOKING:
1. You’re tired of coughing up phlegm – It’s all day long, not just when you’re smoking.
Ever walk next to a smoker on the street while they’re hacking up a lung?
What do you think when they spit a huge chunk out? Have you ever stepped in it? It’s gross.
It’s not attractive, and it’s not desirable. I want no part in that.
Hopefully, you don’t, either.
2. You’re letting everyone down – Once you tell everyone you’ve quit, it’s your job to keep true to your word and never smoke again.
But what happens when you relapse and people catch you? They begin to doubt you.
What happens if you’ve been caught relapsing dozens of times? They lose faith in you, and not just for smoking, but for other things as well.
Is this how you want to be perceived by others?
3. You’re lazy – Smokers don’t do anything, they just smoke all day long.
Sure, they go to work, and go about their daily routines just fine, but they certainly aren’t running marathons or anything.
They aren’t being as active as they could be, that’s for sure.
You don’t want it to be an option, because you’ll naturally want to be active.
4. It’s time to grow up – Sometimes it feels like they are still living in their past, not letting go of their youth. It makes sense if you think about it.
The majority of those who successfully quit began during their teens or early 20’s.
Continued use sometimes reminds you of those earlier years, when you were much younger and full of life.
People try to recapture that feeling of being young and vital. Not that case anymore once you’re fully addicted and a slave to nicotine.
5. You don’t want to die – The longer you smoke, the faster you’ll die. It’s that simple.
Very few people smoke their entire lives and die at a very old age. Never assume that is going to happen to you.
Plus to be able to experience a full life, well into retirement, is priceless.
That’s not going to happen if you’re a smoker for decades, now is it? You’ll die before you get there.
You may even die earlier than expected. You may even die before your parents.
6. You want to see your kids and grand kids grow older – Who doesn’t? But is that a reality if you continue in that lifestyle your whole life? Nope.
Do you smoke in front of them?
What’s real is that they may be saying goodbye to you in a hospital, while you’re unable to breathe by yourself, or are in a coma.
Dying of lung cancer is not a pretty sight. It’s a horrible way to go. Emphysema is even worse.
Can you imagine dying because you couldn’t breathe? Do you have breathing problems already? Think about it.
7. Mornings are awesome! – Yes, they are, but you probably won’t experience them with pleasure if you’re a smoker.
Because smokers don’t sleep well. But just because you never experience the greatness of early mornings doesn’t mean you won’t LOVE it when you do finally quit.
And plus they’re hacking up a lung in the morning. That’s not fun.
When I quit, it was best feeling waking up early and being productive.
Now I jump out of bed every day with vigor and excitement! It doesn’t even matter if it’s still dark out, it’s still amazing to wake up feeling like a million bucks.
Never again will I go back.
8. You want control of your life – This is big for those of you who are a slave to nicotine and addiction.
Smoking definitely takes control of anyone’s life, whether they want to admit it or not.
Just think, a stupid stick of tobacco is 100% controlling every thought in your head.
Isn’t that crazy?
It controls your entire day, and until you do something about it, nothing will change.
9. You don’t want to hide anymore – Smoking is becoming increasingly difficult to do indoors, and many states have passed laws already.
That means smokers are constantly leaving the party or group, and going outside. Sometimes with others, but most of the time alone.
Is that what you want to be looked at as, an outcast?
Then, of course, you come inside and smell like cigarettes and people GLARE at you.
It’s a deadly, depressing cycle.
10. You’re sick of it! – It’s as simple as that. It becomes so stuck in your daily life that it seems almost impossible to overcome.
It’s not even enjoyable after a while.
It’s just misery for you, and for everyone around you. Yet sadly, you’re addicted and you think there’s no way out.
But, that thinking is flawed.
Because it’s never too late to quit smoking! There is always hope.
I just wish it was easier to stop than it is, because the sad reality is that it’s very hard to quit, and remain a non-smoker forever.
Unfortunately, life has a tendency of throwing curve balls at you, and catching you off guard, and that’s why it’s hard.
But, where there’s a will, there IS a way. It’s not impossible. You can quit and lead the best life imaginable.
You just have to believe you can do it.
The best part of your life is still to come, and all of your dreams could potentially come true.
Leave a Reply